Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jill's Rejects


The diets are underway. I started with Jill's Nutrisystem rejects of 40% Bran Flakes and Orange Cranberry Pastry. The bran flakes flavor compares well to commercial bran flakes, but can definitely benefit from a little Splenda and fruit. I think their sog quotient is a little be high. However, consuming the 1 oz serving size takes very little time and precludes it from getting too soggy, but don't stop to answer the phone.

On the other hand, the Orange Cranberry Pastry that Jill rejected out of hand was absolutely outstanding. While neither the orange nor the cranberry taste stood out, the mixture of the two was delicious. The consistency was firm and the moisture index was perfect. It's a good thing I'm on a diet or I would have had about three of them.

Jill tried the Chocolate Chip Pancakes and gives them a two thumbs up. I'm not a pancake eater, but I tasted one and would have no problem eating them. You get three medium sized pancakes out of the mix. Jill said that if she really wanted to be strict and eat them without syrup, she could do it. That's high praise indeed.

We had to be out of the house for lunch, so we hit Subway and had one of their lightweight subs.

For dinner, I had a SmartOnes Chicken Parm with Spaghetti. It goes without saying that with all the meals the portions are controlled, but taste wise this was a ten. In a non-diet mode, I could put away three of them. LOL

Jill had the Nutrisystem Cheese and Spinach Ravioli. She wasn't raving about this one. In her words, "For the first few bites, it reminded me of when I was a kid and ate Chef Boyardee." I can relate to that. As a kid, I liked Chef Boyardee, but as we grow up so do our tastes.

I also had one of her rejects, the Nutrisystem Chocolate Drink. The taste wasn't bad but the thick consistency turned me off. There simply is no natural drink that has that consistency. As a result, one will either like it or dislike it based on their perception or past history. In my case, it was past history that turned me off of it. When I was having my gall bladder x-rayed, I had to drink a "fatty meal". It was a white liquid that wasn't bad tasting, but had the idea of DRINKING A FATTY MEAL less than appealing. The chocolate drink had the same consistency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home