Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Here are 2000 words worth of commentary on our dinner today.


I don't think I have to do much more than give you the ratings. The Pot Roast with Gravy, Potatoes, and Carrots got a 5 and the Shrimp and Spaghetti in Garlic Lemon Sauce got a 7.

I told Jill that she might be a bit harsh with her ratings. She's not a pot roast person. That was an item they sent that she didn't order. She gave this a 5, but I have a confession to make. I tasted it and she is being overly generous. I would have given it a 3.

On the other hand, I might be a bit generous with my ratings. My seven rating was partly because of that, but it's also because of the fact that garlic and lemon sauce is something that has to be done just right for me to really enjoy it.

The only other commercial meal we had today was enjoyed by Jill. I say "enjoy" with absolutely no sarcasm, because the Nutrisystem Chili with Beans got the highest marks yet from her. She gave it a whopping 8 out of 10. The gravy was thick and zesty. She said it would have been even better if she had something to sop up the gravy with.

The reason she had nothing is that she refuses to eat anything by white bread and that's taboo on the diet. Too bad I wasn't around for lunch. For a week I've, been badgering here to try some whole wheat bread, but her past experience precluded it. She finally broke down and tried some with the Pot Roast. Guess what? She said it wasn't bad. Maybe that accounts for her five.

A little later it was on to the Zesty Herb Mix snack and another record is set. Despite the fact that it had a slight artificial butter taste, Jill rated it a 9. I think her favorite similar treat is Chex Mix and this was every bit as good. In fact the garlic probably scored it a bit higher than Chex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home