Friday, October 26, 2007

Soured on Sweet Potatoes for Lunch


George Bush couldn't spell potato and we couldn't eat Nutrisystem's Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Cheese.

When I walked in the door, Jill greeted me with, "You have to try this and tell me if I'm being over critical, because I gave this a ZERO."

Not being a big fan of whipped sweet potatoes and cheese in the first place, I was reluctant, but she insisted. One small spoonful and I was absolutely convinced that she had been overly generous.

I would like to know who taste tested this concoction and when they had their taste buds surgically removed. They were so bad that Jill said that if this had been the first item she tasted, she would have sent the entire order back.

Knowing that there was nowhere to go but up, she then tried the Mashed Potatoes with Broccoli. She gave them a 6, which only makes one wonder more about the disparity. On the other hand, just look at the packaging. They only way they could make it look appetizing was to supplement it with generous slices of whole sweet potatoes.'

I had a SmartOnes Chicken Enchilada Monterey. You have to understand that my best friend is from New Mexico and I've visited him enough to have a good appreciation of real Mexican food. So my expectations were not high. The food lived up to my expectations. It would rate it at about the quality of Taco Bell and gave it a 5.

The bight spot was Nutrisystem's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding. It had a nice thick consistency and was on par with most instant mixes. However, if Guinness has a record for the smallest chocolate chips, Nutrisystem must hold the record. There were enough of them, but they were the size of those tiny kernels that rest between two halves of a cashew nut. We gave it a 7+.

1 Comments:

At December 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I loved this stuff. Maybe I am too easy to please.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home